Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Love Guru (2008)

so after deleting a movie from the list being anything else than what i thought I am down to 671... just saying that makes me think dang that is gonna take some time.. I really should stop filling movies in until i'm way longer down in numbers..

anywho (man i love that word) i decided to watch the love guru. and even though i normally can't stand Mike Myers i gave it a shot...

The Love Guru is about a guru Pitka who gets the assignment to bring a hockey player back with his wife because he can't play as long as they are broken up. He does so using a weird set of rules that kinda changes gameplan along the way. Pitka is certain that if he get this job done and land a interview on Oprah then he will be the greatest Love Guru of all and as a result get to love himself.


so like I said above i'm not really a fan of Mike Myers... actually it is so bad that I can't get myself to watch a movie with Heather Graham, whom I absolutely adore, just because he is in it.. anyway this movie had its moments. Yes I did giggle a bit but mainly I didn't find it all that funny which is what people had told me it was... plus side for me would be the adorable Jessica Alba.. she can just be so dang sweet in movies like this..

Also I kinda did like the whole story about the student teaches the teacher but it was kinda predictable... but then again most movies for laughs are :)

what i'm basically saying is I can't really judge this movie fairly just because i'm partial to not liking it just because of the staff.. and yes I did find it a bit cheesy at most points because it is not really my stile of humor (oh wow I guess I do have a stile) but I also see that this isn't really a bad movie.. I would just prefer never to watch it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment