Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sucker Punch (2011)

This is a movie that is hard to recommend to everyone. Not because it's a bad movie, I love this movie, but because a lot (like a lot a lot) of people don't seem to understand it. I don't know if it is because of lack of imagination or it is because they just don't know the feeling of wanting to get lost. I'll come back to this...

Sucker Punch is about a young girl, who after loosing her mom, kills her sister by accident in an effort to protect her from their stepfather. After the accident the stepfather gets her locked up in a mental facility paying a caretaker to make sure she gets "taken care of". The girl then enters a alternative reality where she is called Baby Doll and is to train in dancing so that she is ready for when the high roller comes.
So my opinion to the movie. Well it's simple I get it and I love watching it. So yeah it is an action movie that doesn't always makes the best sense. There is a lot of eye candy in it, and sure it is a big part of the movie. It is the fantasy Baby Doll chooses to have. And as I told in an earlier post I like movies that assumes I have at least half a brain and likes to use it.

Which brings me back to the fact that a lot of people just seems to hate this movie. In the beginning when I was reading about this hate I just didn't get it, simply because I find this movie great. And i kept reading these bad reviews and hate post about Sucker Punch and just ended up thinking that these people simply had to have watched a different movie than me. And then it hit me, Maybe they have. Not physical another movie but emotional and understanding wise. Like they didn't saw the hidden things that her fantasy tells without showing it or actually saying it. Not understanding how it's like to disappear into a fantasy giving you a reality that you can deal with better than what life is giving you on a daily basis.

So after all this rambling my conclusion is..... watch it with an open mind and form your own opinion. Don't think about what you heard about because it does effect you.

also whether or not you like the movie the soundtrack is quite good. I is a collection of great songs that fits the movie and that you could lose your brain to doing a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment