Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crime d'amour (2010)

Yeah a French movie... I might have mentioned this a few times by now but I simply love french movie. Been watching a lot of them and most of them tend to end up on my list of favorites. This is no exception.

Crime d'amour or Love Crime, as the English title is, is a movie about Christine, an international business woman and her assistant Isabelle. Christine is the type to play with everything and everyone for her own pleasing and sure enough she is going to toy around with Isabelle to. Isabelle is exceptional at her job and seems somewhat in love with Christine and therefor willing to do pretty much everything to please her. One day however Christine takes credit for one of Isabelle's ideas in front of Isabelle and Isabelle is slowly beginning to see the game and that Christine might not be as good as she believed.


Okay so I kinda dig these movies where you see the human behavior at its worst (or should I say best?) The thing about humans is that we tend to like to see people at their worst behavior. Might be why reality shows are so in at the moment. Though I don't fall to the trend of reality shows I also enjoy watching this game that we play with each other even though most people wont admit it. This movie is a bright example of how cruel people can be and what effects it has when they are. How emotions blend in to whatever we do even when we hurt others. Off cause the title indicates that love is a feeling that we are gonna see a lot to in this movie. But there are so many types of love and most people don't realize how much love is a part of our life. Mainly because most people define love as a feeling you feel for someone else.

So rambling aside if you like french movies and/or movies with the content of cruelty of human nature this is one to watch. Some might say that some of the actors where stiff or whatever.. I must admit I don't usually notice this.. guess that when i do it's really bad ;).. and truly you could pretty much always say someone else would have done better, since it is a matter of taste. However I did noticed that maybe I should start watching more with Kristin Scott Thomas. I have watched a bit with her in the past and always found her a good actress. My amazement of her in this movie is that she can get so many different expressions without moving a muscle in her face but simply by the changes in her eyes. Love that in an actress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment