Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008)

So a friend of mine popped this on one night and boy I have to say WOW!
Repo! The Genetic Opera is like this lost pearl that I never heard of. Which is a real shame because it is just that great. It's like an instant classic and it should be on any movie buff's watch-list.

So what exactly is Repo! The Genetic Opera? Well it's a really cool musical. Yiiks they're singing? Yeah a lot, but in a good way. The songs are really awesome and dark which I must admit I'm somewhat addicted to (welcome to the darkside...) guess it makes me in a good mood. weird hu?. Anyway evil singing aside. Repo! is about a future where you'd need surgery to survive.. also a lot of people seems addicted to these lifesaving surgeries. The base to the story is that when you get these surgeries you either pay a lot of money or end up in debt to the Geneco company. And if you don't pay your debt in time it's allowed to send the repossession man after you. Shorten down to the Repo man.


Back to the singing I might have mention this before but the soundtrack to this movie is just awesome. Like really catchy. Seriously after first watch (yeah I watched it a couple of times by now) I was humming the songs while at work... if you don't believe take a look at this song below ;-)


now go out and get this movie.. and get part of the cult world... 

No comments:

Post a Comment