Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Even Cowgirls get the Blues (1993)

So this movie is apparently based on a book. I didn't know that. Honestly I found this movie because IMDb told me Heather Graham was in it and I have made it somewhat my mission to watch all her movies (same goes for a few other actresses) Anyway Heather doesn't show much in this movie (quite disappointing) on the other hand we get to see a young Uma Thurman... that was, well different... actually not a bad thing.

However the movie isn't all that good.. bad is more the term. Something about a young girl with abnormal large thumps hitch hiking the country, being a model.. meeting cowgirls and i think joins their fight for uhm birds? :S I got lost somewhere around Uma kissing a girl and then moments later kissing a old Chinese-Indian guy...


As much as I love weird movies where you have to think things over a few times before it starts making sense, I most say I GOT REALLY REALLY LOST! That is never a good thing.. like ever. I get the humor in the beginning i even get the finding yourself wanting to be normal thing going on. But something must have gone wrong when turning this book (which i haven't read and it could therefor be just as weird and confusing even though i doubt that) into the movie.. like i just don't get the whole cowgirl fight thing.

I am not sure if I need to watch it again or if it is just a lost cause. As I don't know the book I can't even tell if you as someone who do will get disappointed or thrilled about this movie.. All I can say is that I didn't get the movie and found it weird and boring. With this note I hand the choice over to you... However.. if ANY guys reads this post.. RUN as fast as you can to find something manly to watch because I'm quite sure this is a feministic chick-flick

No comments:

Post a Comment