Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Magic Christmas (1985)

I LOVE Christmas. Unfortunately for me i work nights a couple of times every week so following the daily episode of whatever advent calender is on TV is kinda hard. So i present you with my own advent calender. For 24 days am i gonna review a movie with Christmas as a theme (preferably the main one) so that the Christmas feeling can find its way to me to ;)

So today is the 1st December, and my choose to go back in time to One Magic Christmas. Must say I'd never really heard anything about this movie so I figured this would be as good a place as any to start on.

So first thing i noticed is that this is a Disney production. Cool huh. Anyway around Christmas all the Christmas Angels gets there assignments by Nicholas. One Angel, Gideon, is sent to a shopping mall to find and help Ginny Grainger to find the Christmas Spirit. You see Ginny is not really big on Christmas and therefor stands as a big challenge for Gideon. Gideon then allies with Ginny's daughter on trying to make her believe in Christmas and Santa Claus again.

Sadly the only trailer for this movie on YouTube was someone making a horror trailer for it.. So instead i found this one with bits and pieces from the movie.. a bit of a spoiler alert though since it is whole scenes from it and not just a bit of quotes.

So what did i think of this movie... Well uhm I don't really know. It's not a bad movie not at all. but really slow and the story is very small. Might just be me being to used to major stories great effects and other stuff that movies holds today. Anyway i got a little bored along the way and honestly I didn't get the biggest Christmas feel of it. However (don't you just love how bad I am at making a decision) I myself is not in the biggest Christmas mood yet and guess this could have an impact on the movie.

My final conclusion is as follows if you have nothing else to watch this is a fine movie to put on. If you like older movies then sure go ahead. But my feel is don't go out choosing this one over others. The story about a parent who don't believe in Christmas anymore and has to be turned back to the spirit isn't like the most original and there are other movies that makes a better job at telling it.

so with this said happy December the 1. and welcome to my advent calender ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment