Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

As promised The Nightmare Before Christmas. Its after Halloween And the king of Halloweentown, Jack Skellington is feeling bored. He seems to have lost the Halloween spirit. After wandering for a while he finds 6 trees in a circle each with a door shaped like something representing the specific holiday. Jack opens the door for Christmas and is sucked in. Seeing the joy of this holiday Jack is filled with the excitement  he is missing in Halloweentown. When he gets back he tries to share this joy with the other citizens but they don't quite grabs the concept. Still Jack gets them to help him plan for Christmas.

So I'm told that I should be ashamed of myself for never seeing this one before. Might just be me that has been seeing other stuff. Anyway I am a Tim Burton fan so no surprise there that i liked the movie. Love the gloomy universes of his. The Nightmare Before Christmas is a mix between Halloween and Christmas and could maybe be watched at Halloween too. I myself would prefer it at Christmas. 

the movie is filled with screams and joy and songs.. some of them really evil songs... love the Evil songs muhahaha... ehm sry bout that. The song that i love the most however is "What's This", where Jack is just like a kid feeling the Christmas spirit for the first time. I love it so much I'm gonna share it.. A least YouTube isn't Cruel about this movie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment